Monday, April 2, 2018

"Any Complaints?" (Appalachian Trail Edition)


This probably won't be the most enjoyable short film for the "your worst day on trail is better than your best day at work" crowd, but I think it's important, particularly for folks new to long distance hiking, to realize that you don't HAVE to be happy all the time. It's an unrealistic expectation that sets you up for failure.


You'll occasionally be miserable, and that's fine. And then a year (or two or three) later you'll forget all of the crappy parts and tell yourself it was all amazing, and that's when you'll plan another hike.



If you enjoyed this short, you can watch the Pacific Crest Trail version, HERE.






1 comment:

  1. Nice! I watched both of those. Plus the outtakes from the CDT movie. This is helping to control my unrealistic desire to do a through-hike (really, my body is not up for this, and I hate rain. And bugs. And my feet hurt even though I haven't even left home). So thank you for that service.

    ReplyDelete