Sunday, January 4, 2015

I've Been Everywhere

I was totin' my pack along the snowy East Glacier Road
When along came a pickup with some haybales as its load.
"If you're going to East Glacier, Mack, with us you can ride."
And so I climbed into the cab and then I settled down inside.
He asked me if I'd been on trail when the snow was coming down.
And I said, "Listen, I've traveled every trail in the Triple Crown."

I've been everywhere, man
I've hiked every trail, man
Crossed the deserts bare, man
I've breathed the mountain air, man
Of hikin' I've had my share, man
I've been everywhere.

I've been to Steamboat, Vernon, Lima, Snowqualmie,
Pie Town, Quincy, Rawlins, Hiawassee,
Wrightwood, Packwood, Dubois, Drakesbad,
Pinedale, Troutdale, Macks Inn, Seiad,
Winter Park, Benchmark, Manning Park, Cracker Barrel,
Helena, Salida, and Sawtelle, what the hell?

(chorus)

I've been to Daleville, Leadville, Burney, Andover,
Mt. Laguna, Caledonia, Anaconda, Hanover,
Rutland, Ashland, Monson, Durango,
Chief Mountain, Roan Mountain, Bear Mountain, Frisco,
Tennessee to Mojave/Tehachapi, Twin Lakes,
Grand Lake, Trout Lake, Crater Lake for Pete's sake.

(chorus)

I've been to Damascus, Columbus, Stehekin, Catawba,
Silverton, Silverthorne, Tahoe, and Chama,
Cascade Locks, Millinocket, Big Bear, Darby,
Yellowstone, Duncannon, Timberline, Tuolumne,
Kincora, Etna, Hachita, Donner Pass,
Sonora Pass, Muir Pass, Mather Pass kicked my ass.

(chorus)

I've been to Lordsburg, Gatlinburg, Pearisburg, Colorado,
Pine Grove, Lake Morena, Leadore, Waynesboro,
Boiling Springs, Warner Springs, Hot Springs, Pagosa Springs,
Ghost Ranch, Old Station, Harpers Ferry, Deming,
Idyllwild, Erwin, Green Valley, Sierra City,
Atlantic City, Silver City, Lake City, what a pity.

(chorus)

3 comments:

  1. I love it! When were you in Hiawassee? I spent two months there last summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Years ago -- but I'll probably be there again this year!

      Delete